School Secretary - Hampstead, United Kingdom
£22,000.00 - £25,000.00
School Secretary within a lovely prep school, based in Hampstead
£22-25,000 per annum
Temp to Perm
Our client is seeking a School Secretary to work within the front office of their Preparatory School located in the lovely neighbourhood of Hampstead (North London).
Key duties within the role would involve :
- To maintain the Reception area to present a welcoming and efficient ambiance.
- To greet visitors and deal with any queries, particularly from existing parents.
- To support three Deputy Heads with correspondence, filing, and other various matters.
- To be responsible for creating and maintaining the termly school calendar of events.
- To liaise with the School Nurse and parents regarding pupils feeling unwell and/or needing medical attention or first aid.
- Running regular school database (SIMS) reports for up to date pupil medical and dietary information.
- To liaise with the catering and cleaning staff and other sub-contractors as necessary.
- To have due regard to Health and Safety and to follow the School’s policies.
- To answer telephone calls in a welcoming and efficient manner, passing on messages and following up queries by telephone or email as necessary.
- To ensure that agreed security procedures are implemented for pupils, staff and visitors entering and leaving school premises.
- To handle parental queries on day to day matters and to refer more serious parental queries to the relevant person.
- To liaise with teaching staff over pupil paperwork.
- To monitor pupil absence and lateness via the class registers (shared between office personnel).
- To receive incoming mail, sort and distribute to relevant staff; despatch outgoing mail.
- Accepting and recording deliveries and arranging for transfer to the appropriate department/person.
- To assist Teaching Staff with various matters as required.
- To assist with Pupil filing (shared between office personnel), including the archiving of leavers files.
- To assist another secretary with the Speech Day preparations and prizes.
- To coordinate the annual data collection sheets from parents.
- To liaise effectively with other members of the administrative team to provide continuity throughout the school day and provide support and cover for colleagues during lunch breaks and absences.
- To update the annual Travel Plan and manage the allocated parking permits.
- To be responsible for the school shop and petty cash receipts and management.
The ideal candidate will have a warm and welcoming personality and be happy to make this role their own. Experience-wise, ideally you will have experience within a school previously, alternatively within customer services.
If this sounds like you, please apply now!
Hampstead, United Kingdom
Admin / Administrator
Apply for this Position
Job Title: School Secretary
Location: Hampstead, United Kingdom
Job Type: Perm Position
Reference ID: 835501
Posted Date: 11/09/2020