Limited Company Contractors

Should you be contracted with Crone Corkill via a Limited Company, you will be given a Limited Company Supplier Agreement. A Schedule of Services will accompany the Agreement, detailing the contract.


Limited company contractors & IR35

If you are working through your own Limited Company, you will be aware that the government has stringent anti-tax avoidance legislation, known as IR35. To comply with this, you will need to provide proof of the following:

  • You are paid via a UK registered company
  • You are a director, and majority
    shareholder of the company
  • The company’s bank account is in the UK.
    Please note that the Isle of Man is not under UK jurisdiction
  • You are sufficiently insured for the
    duration of the assignment

If at any time you wish to amend your Limited Company details, we require one week’s notice in writing.

IR35 - Public sector

If you are working for a public sector client, your IR35 status will be determined by the end client.

If you are looking to set up a Limited Company, we recommend that you seek independent advice. Crone Corkill is not qualified to provide financial or practical advice in this respect.


As a Limited Company Contractor we will work with you under a self-bill agreement. This means that you will not have to raise invoices. Crone Corkill will issue a Limited Company Remittance advice and this will act as the invoice. Payment will be made upon receipt of authorised timesheets and paid weekly in arrears. Please note, timesheets must be submitted by 5pm Monday following the week worked, to ensure payment can be released on the Friday.

Please also note that all payments to Limited Company Suppliers will be inclusive of tax and NI contributions. It is the Limited Company Supplier's responsibility to ensure these are paid to HMRC on time. Crone Corkill does not offer tax advice, nor take responsibility for any Limited Company Supplier's failure to pay their tax commitments on time.

Required documents

Crone Corkill must be in receipt of the following documents prior to the start date of an assignment:

  • Original passport and/or the relevant residence permit/visa as proof of your right to work in the UK
  • References to cover the last three to five years
  • Certificate of Incorporation, issued by the Registrar of Companies (the date of incorporation must be prior to the date of assignment commencement)
  • Company Bank Account details (this must match the information on your Certificate of Incorporation)
  • A signed Limited Company Supplier Agreement
  • VAT Registration Certificate
  • Certificate of Professional Indemnity Insurance for £1,000,000
We use cookies to provide you with the best possible browsing experience on our website. You can find out more below.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient. The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission. This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
ResolutionUsed to ensure the correct version of the site is displayed to your device.
SessionUsed to track your user session on our website.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Google AnalyticsGoogle Analytics is an analytics tool to measure website, app, digital and offline data to gain user insights.
Tag Manager
Tag Manager 2

More Details